Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Very Easy Grape Juice - 1 quart at a time

Imagine waking up on a weekend morning...Coffee being made for you and breakfast just about finished.  Yum!!  But then, what will your kids drink?  Homemade grape juice of course!  I can't promise that dream can come true - except for the grape juice!
My sister and I have been making this juice for quite some time now.  Kid tested and loved! We normally use my sisters concord grapes that she has in her backyard.  But for this post I'm experimenting with Red Table Grapes from my local Aldi, since we probably don't all have grapes just out in our backyard!! 

Make sure to have your water bath canner & jars ready! This is a very quick canning recipe.  Use as little as a cup of grapes - or as many as you want for this recipe.

Grape Juice Recipe
1 cup grapes
1/2 cup Sugar
Large pot of hot boiling water

Wash and take the grapes off stems.  Place 1 cup of grapes in a quart jar.  Add sugar.  Add boiling water to jar.  Leave 1/2-1/4 inch headspace.
Repeat with as many grapes that you have, or as many quarts of juice that you want.
Wipe rims with a clean cloth, add sterilized lids and bands - finger tight.
Place in water bath canner and process for 20 minutes.
Let cool to seal for 24-48 hours.  Make sure they have all sealed, and then these need to be left to store for 6 months before opening.  Once opened, be sure to strain the juice out and discard the grapes.
What a great treat to have in the middle of winter with all your family and friends!!

In my experimentation today - 2 lbs of grapes yielded 6 quarts of juice.  The color on mine are light now, but in 6 months time they will have darkened.  I will load a picture of them before I open them.


Happy Canning!!


Check out my video:








We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites - thanks for your support!

2 comments:

  1. I would like you to write a post about how this tastes when you open it. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete