Monday, July 17, 2017

Grinding my own meat


Last year, my sister and I came across the grinder attachment for the kitchen aid.  I couldn't believe it!  You know what I couldn't believe more??  That the price was only $5.00.  That's right - $5.00! Oh, and it was also brand new.  So, never mind the fact I hadn't been looking for one - I HAD to have it just for the price alone. 😁

So, alas for a year, I've been wanting to try this out, but there really wasn't a need.  We used to buy part of a cow before we moved out to Arkansas, and so up until a few months ago, we were still enjoying that.

So last week was finally the week!  I had bought a 2.01 lb chuck roast shoulder on sale for $6.  Out of that, I got 1.11 lbs of ground beef.

I know you are figuring out the math right at this moment and saying - I don't know about this (The fact is yes it does make the ground beef a bit pricey at $5.41/lb) The process was super easy, not that messy, and the end result was a much, much higher quality food in Mr. Homemade Canner's opinion.

You might be wondering how it's done.  The Kitchenaid's Direction booklet recommended having the meat partially frozen (which was actually already done for me since I froze it immediately when I got home since it was going to expire soon!).

From there, you cut it into sections so that the grinder can do it's job.  It also said to make sure the mixer was on level 4.  And then away it goes - Yes it really was just that simple!!
For ground beef, it is recommended to put it through the grinder twice.



Here's the results before it turned into tacos!


The possibilities of this gadget are endless!!  The directions also showed how you can do nuts and veggies with this handy device.....

Looking forward to you comments as to what food I should try this out on next!



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!


***Disclaimer - I'm not being paid or compensated in any way by Kitchen Aid for this review.



                                                                 
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy using my meat grinder too! Thanks for all the tips for homemade and canning recipes!

    ReplyDelete